I have been sent this lovely Pretend & Play® Post Office Set by Learning Resources. I was very excited to open it up as I have vivid memories of playing post offices with my sister when we were younger – thankfully she hasn’t seen it yet, else I may not see it again!
The box says from age 3+, but I’m sure my little girl who is only 2 1/2 will enjoy popping pieces of paper through the post box and playing peek-a-boo through the post office hatch, although I will probably keep a few of the items to one side for when she is a bit older. I can also think of plenty of older children around 6 or 7 that would also have so much fun with this.
Foldable Post Office
This very handily folds down when not in use so that its easy to store, but when its set up it’s sturdy and allows either one child to role play as either the customer or post master/mistress as well as 2 or more children to play together. There are enough accessories to allow more than a couple of children to play with this and take turns role-playing as customers.
Accessories – Over 150 Pieces Included
As well as the tri-fold post office, the Pretend & Play® Post Office Set is full of accessories including:
- Money for Bureau de Change (UK, Euro and US money) – coins as well as notes
- Post bag with draw string top that attaches to the back of the post box so it’s always handy when post arrives
- Open and Closed signs that fits in a clear pocket at the top of the post office
- Weighing scales
- Next Collection details area
- Notice Board
- Parcels (for weighing and sending)
- Writing paper and envelopes
- Postage stamps
- Rubber stamp that is self-inking
- Car Tax Discs
- Bank Saving Sheet
- Application forms for passport, driving and fishing licences
- Mobile phone top up card
- Write and wipe pen and eraser
The post office itself has a finish to it so it can be wiped clean and feels very hard-wearing so I can imagine this lasting a long time and being enjoyed over and over again.
Learning Resources Attention to Detail
I think this is what makes the Pretend & Play® Post Office Set so successful, each of the pieces has been well thought out so that it feels as realistic as possible. There are so many pockets that can be arranged and re-arranged with the various application forms and other post office items.
How to Enter the Competition: THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED
Compulsory to enter:
- RT/Tweet the following :
I’ve entered to win a Pretend and Play Post Office Toy Set from @LRUK with @mummyrated http://mummyrated.co.uk/2012/pretend-play-post-office-set RT to enter
For additional entries to the prize draw, please also do one of the following (a maximum of 4 entries per person is permitted):
- Follow @mummyrated and @LRUK
- Like Mummy Rated’s Facebook page
- Leave a comment below letting me know who you will be giving the Pretend & Play® Post Office Set from Learning Resource to if you win.
Terms & Conditions
Competition Closing Date: 20/02/12
The competition is open to residents of the UK and Ireland only.
Only entries that have entered the required information (as above) will be counted.
The winner will be picked at random and published on this blog and via twitter and on our Facebook Page. If no response is received from the winner within 10 days following announcement, a redraw will take place.
This competition can also be found on:
ThePrizeFinder – UK Competitions